The Arab spring has turned into a chilly winter, especially for the Christians. The Egypt security forces killed at least 24 Christians who were demonstrating against the discrimination of Christians, against the burning of churches, against the slandering of Christians on state television, et cetera.
Now let me guess what will not happen next:
- There won’t be an extra emergency session of the UN Security Council.
- No UN commission will be appointed to investigate the actions of the Egyptian security forces.
- There won’t be any demands of boycotts against Egypt.
- Turkey will not downgrade its diplomatic relations with Egypt.
- The Arab League will not make any statement criticizing the persecution of Christians in Egypt.
- There will be no need for extra security measures of Egyptian embassies around the world because there will be no Christian suicide bombers or mobs attacking them.
But maybe I am wrong…